The Church of St. Andrew, Romford and the Church of St. Agnes, Romford, part of the Church of England (Diocese of Chelmsford) and the worldwide Anglican Communion of Churches, welcome you! If you are looking for a place to worship – read on! We seek to offer a real depth of spirituality based in prayer, reflection on the Scriptures and the tradition of the church.
Our worship reflects the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and mirrors the world in which we live. Our congregations reflect the diverse nature of the area. Young and old, single, married and partnered; gay and straight; people of various ethnicities and backgrounds – all find a home with us. If you’re looking for a church in Romford and a place to worship, you will find a warm welcome with us.
Our two churches serve the western and north-western area of Romford and welcome many people from a wide variety of backgrounds as well as visitors who come to explore what we have to offer.
In the following pages you will find details about what’s on: times of Mass, Sermons, information about Prayer and Spirituality, Spiritual Direction and Confession. There are also pages concerning Baptism (Christening), and Weddings celebrations, our work with children and young people as well as information about hiring our Halls and much more. We hope you will find the following pages helpful. Do begin to explore!
Our new priest has been appointed and she is Reverend Beth Joss-Pothen.
My name is Beth Joss-Pothen and I’m very excited to be joining you as the new Vicar of St Andrews’ Romford. I can’t wait to get to know you all and see where God is at work in your lives and in the life of this community. So, a little about me! I am the third of five children, my mum is a primary school teacher and my dad was a Church of England priest. We lived in various parts of London before moving to Chelmsford in 2007. Before training for ordination, I went to university in London and read English, and then had a series of jobs in waitressing, bartending, retail, charity work and a brief stint in Iona working in the Abbey Kitchen. I trained at Westcott House in Cambridge, where I met my fab husband Nathan, and we married in 2017. He is about to start life as the Vicar of St George’s Harold Hill, and we are hoping to adopt some vicarage greyhounds once we arrive in the summer. We are joining you from our respective curacies in Harlow, where we have both been hugely blessed to have been part of such loving and active communities. I’m massively interested in the arts, and I am one year into a part time Masters at Kings’ College London in Christianity and the Arts which has been hugely enriching. I also love crafts and cooking and anything creative so expect many messy activities!
All the best,
Revd Beth has arrived!
On Tuesday 21st June, Revd Beth was welcomed to take her position as our priest at her induction service. Bishop Lynne, Archdeacon Chris, Area Dean Ken, along with clergy and churchwardens were in attendance.
On Wednesday evening (16/6) our new churchwardens were made official at the Archdeacons Visitation that took place at St John’s parish church, South Hornchurch. The area dean, Revd Ken Wiley, is flanked either side by Sharon and Tom.
Worship this Week
- Wednesday, 10:00am – Morning Prayers with Tom
- Sunday, 10:30am – Parish Mass
Knit and Natter
- Tuesday 1:30 – 12:30 in St Andrews. £1 for tea and coffee.
- Every 1st Saturday of the month – 10am to midday – Next one is this Saturday 6th August
Making Donations to St.Andrew’s with St.Agnes
- The church still needs donations to keep going even in these times. You can make a donation through this website (which is linked to our contactless payment system) and it only take a few clicks Give A Little
- You can also post cheques if you prefer to the 119 London Road, Romford, RM7 9QD made payable to St. Andrew’s PCC
News and events –
- The next Bishop of Barking has been announced – read more about Revd Lynne Cullens
- We can now accept contactless donations as we have a mobile ‘chip and PIN’ reader – plus we can claim Gift Aid on a donations of £30 or less through this donation method!
- Our email address has changed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults. The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese
- Our Parish Safeguarding Officer may be contacted at church or by email