The Church of St. Andrew, Romford and the Church of St. Agnes, Romford, part of the Church of England (Diocese of Chelmsford) and the worldwide Anglican Communion of Churches, welcome you! If you are looking for a place to worship – read on! We seek to offer a real depth of spirituality based in prayer, reflection on the Scriptures and the tradition of the church.
Our worship reflects the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and mirrors the world in which we live. Our congregations reflect the diverse nature of the area. Young and old, single, married and partnered; gay and straight; people of various ethnicities and backgrounds – all find a home with us. If you’re looking for a church in Romford and a place to worship, you will find a warm welcome with us.
Our two churches serve the western and north-western area of Romford and welcome many people from a wide variety of backgrounds as well as visitors who come to explore what we have to offer.
In the following pages you will find details about what’s on: times of Mass, Sermons, information about Prayer and Spirituality, Spiritual Direction and Confession. There are also pages concerning Baptism (Christening), and Weddings celebrations, our work with children and young people as well as information about hiring our Halls and much more. We hope you will find the following pages helpful. Do begin to explore!
Reverend Lara Dose (Priest-in-Charge)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON Coronavirus (COVID-19)
— St.Andrew’s church remains closed currently. Please see our Facebook group for Live Streaming services —
Worship this Week
- Morning and Evening Prayer 9am / 6pm
- Sunday, 10:30am – Parish Mass
- Live streaming on FaceBook – St. Andrew’s Church, Romford
Making Donations to St.Andrew’s with St.Agnes
- The church still needs donations to keep going even in these times. You can make a donation through this website (which is linked to our contactless payment system) and it only take a few clicks Give A Little
- You can also post cheques if you prefer to the 119 London Road, Romford, RM7 9QD made payable to St. Andrew’s PCC
- We are having Facebook Live services on the parish Facebook group, click here to join !
- In a joint letter, Archbishops Justin Welby and John Sentamu said it was now necessary to put public services on hold until further notice.
- A message from Bishop Stephen
- We have taken precautionary measures following the advice given by the Church of England that can be found here
- If you are self-isolating you can contact Revd Lara by phone for help and support
News and events –
- The calendar for 2021 events and services will be available in due course – a lot will depend on how our country recovers from Covid19
- We can now accept contactless donations as we have a mobile ‘chip and PIN’ reader – plus we can claim Gift Aid on a donations of £20 or less through this donation method!
- The clearance of the Waterloo Estate continues with only a handful of residents still living there – demolition is likely to start at the end of 2020 / early 2021
- IMPORTANT NEWS!! Our email address has changed to email@example.com – emails sent to the old address cannot be accessed anymore – please pass this on to anyone who is trying to contact St.Andrews
- The bell rope has been replaced and the bell is back in action!
- We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults. The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese
- Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Revd Lara Dose, who may be contacted at church or by email