The Church of St. Andrew, Romford and the Church of St. Agnes, Romford, part of the Church of England (Diocese of Chelmsford) and the worldwide Anglican Communion of Churches, welcome you! If you are looking for a place to worship – read on! We seek to offer a real depth of spirituality based in prayer, reflection on the Scriptures and the tradition of the church.
Our worship reflects the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and mirrors the world in which we live. Our congregations reflect the diverse nature of the area. Young and old, single, married and partnered; gay and straight; people of various ethnicities and backgrounds – all find a home with us. If you’re looking for a church in Romford and a place to worship, you will find a warm welcome with us.
Our two churches serve the western and north-western area of Romford and welcome many people from a wide variety of backgrounds as well as visitors who come to explore what we have to offer.
In the following pages you will find details about what’s on: times of Mass, Sermons, information about Prayer and Spirituality, Spiritual Direction and Confession. There are also pages concerning Baptism (Christening), and Weddings celebrations, our work with children and young people as well as information about hiring our Halls and much more. We hope you will find the following pages helpful. Do begin to explore!
Reverend Lara Dose (Priest-in-Charge)
Please find details for our Advent services and events here
News and events –
- Our Christmas Market will be taking place of Saturday 23rd November in St. Andrews parish church between 11pm-2pm
- The list of our Advent and Christmas Services and Events can be found here
- We welcome home members of the Havering Pilgrimage Association who were on pilgrimage to Walsingham recently
- We can now accept contactless donations as we have a mobile ‘chip and PIN’ reader – plus we can claim Gift Aid on a donations of £20 or less through this donation method!
- The clearance of the Waterloo Estate continues with only a handful of residents still living there – more new when it becomes available
- IMPORTANT NEWS!! Our email address has changed to email@example.com – emails sent to the old address cannot be accessed anymore – please pass this on to anyone who is trying to contact St.Andrews
- The bell rope has been replaced and the bell is back in action!
- We are committed to Safeguarding children and young people and vulnerable adults. The PCC has adopted the Church of England’s policies and best practice on safeguarding which may be found on the Church of England’s website or on the Safeguarding pages of the Chelmsford Diocese
- Our Parish Safeguarding Officer is Revd Lara Dose, who may be contacted at church or by email