The Church of St. Andrew, Romford and the Church of St. Agnes, Romford, part of the Church of England (Diocese of Chelmsford) and the worldwide Anglican Communion of Churches, welcome you! If you are looking for a place to worship – read on! We seek to offer a real depth of spirituality based in prayer, reflection on the Scriptures and the tradition of the church.
Our worship reflects the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and mirrors the world in which we live. Our congregations reflect the diverse nature of the area. Young and old, single, married and partnered; gay and straight; people of various ethnicities and backgrounds – all find a home with us. If you’re looking for a church in Romford and a place to worship, you will find a warm welcome with us.
Our two churches serve the western and north-western area of Romford and welcome many people from a wide variety of backgrounds as well as visitors who come to explore what we have to offer.
In the following pages you will find details about what’s on: times of Mass, Sermons, information about Prayer and Spirituality, Spiritual Direction and Confession. There are also pages concerning Baptism (Christening), and Weddings celebrations, our work with children and young people as well as information about hiring our Halls and much more. We hope you will find the following pages helpful. Do begin to explore!
Reverend Lara Dose (Priest-in-Charge)
|29th June||Thursday 9.30 am||Mass|
|1st July||Saturday 10.30 am||Rosary Circle and Healing Mass|
|1st July||Saturday 5 pm||First Mass of Sunday|
|2nd July||Sunday 10.30 am||Mass|
News and events –
- Our Summer Fayre takes place on Saturday 15th July in the churchyard 11am – 2pm
- There will be a garden party at the Rectory on 5th August starting at 7pm – all are welcome
- Thanks to everyone who came and supported the St.Agnes Spring Fayre – we raised over £500
- Our confirmation candidates will be confirmed at St.Edwards this Sunday – the service starts at 10am
- The bell rope has been replaced and the bell is back in action!
- Thanks to everyone who came and supported the Christmas market – we raised over £850
- Thanks to everyone who came and supported the Summer Fayre where we raised £700