The Church of St. Andrew, Romford and the Church of St. Agnes, Romford, part of the Church of England (Diocese of Chelmsford) and the worldwide Anglican Communion of Churches, welcome you! If you are looking for a place to worship – read on! We seek to offer a real depth of spirituality based in prayer, reflection on the Scriptures and the tradition of the church.
Our worship reflects the Catholic tradition of the Church of England and mirrors the world in which we live. Our congregations reflect the diverse nature of the area. Young and old, single, married and partnered; gay and straight; people of various ethnicities and backgrounds – all find a home with us. If you’re looking for a church in Romford and a place to worship, you will find a warm welcome with us.
Our two churches serve the western and north-western area of Romford and welcome many people from a wide variety of backgrounds as well as visitors who come to explore what we have to offer.
In the following pages you will find details about what’s on: times of Mass, Sermons, information about Prayer and Spirituality, Spiritual Direction and Confession. There are also pages concerning Baptism (Christening), and Weddings celebrations, our work with children and young people as well as information about hiring our Halls and much more. We hope you will find the following pages helpful. Do begin to explore!
Reverend Lara Dose (Priest-in-Charge)
A complete listing of our Advent services can be found here
Upcoming Advent Services
17th – 3rd Sunday in Advent with Parish Mass 10:30am
- Lighting of the 3rd Advent candle
17th – Carols in Cottons Park
- Open to everyone, come and join in the singing for Christmas
21st – Thursday Mass 9:30am
24th – 4th Sunday in Advent with Parish Mass 10:30am
- Lighting of the 4th Advent candle
24th – Children’s Crib Service at St.Andrew’s 4PM
- A time for the children to perform the nativity in St.Andrew’s and to find the characters around the Church
24th – Midnight mass at St.Andrew’s 11:30pm
- Enjoy the evening celebration into Christmas morning preceded by carols at 11:15
25th – Mass of the Day at St.Andrew’s 10:30am
News and events –
- Thank you to all who came and supported our Christmas Market on Saturday which raised over £7500 for church funds
- IMPORTANT NEWS!! Our email address has changed to email@example.com – emails sent to the old address cannot be accessed anymore – please pass this on to anyone who is trying to contact St.Andrews
- Thank you to all who came and supported our Summer Fayre on Saturday which raised over £550 for church funds
- Thanks to everyone who came and supported the St.Agnes Spring Fayre – we raised over £500
- The bell rope has been replaced and the bell is back in action!